Our client, Lihir Gold Limited operates one of the largest gold mines in Papua New Guinea 900kms north-east of Port Moresby on the tropical Niolam Island (Lihir Island). Committed to supporting a safe, diverse and inclusive work culture, Lihir's mission is to deliver superior returns from finding, developing and operating gold/copper mines whilst providing long term employment opportunities. Globe 24-7 has been selected as the recruitment partner to assist with the sourcing process for this position and look forward to applicants who meet the required skills, experience and qualifications.
We are seeking a Hands-on Expatriate Senior Specialist - Shutdowns Grinding professional across Fixed Plant Processing FPP for a fly in fly out position within PNG. Reporting into the Superintendent Shutdown Grinding, you would be responsible for safely coordinating the mechanical maintenance activities and inter-departmental relationships for the Grinding Asset Maintenance particularly during a Shutdown phase. You will have exceptional people management skills, effectively being the 'conduit' across different departments having a great ability to create and maintain great working relationships. SAP and MS Office Suite experience essential. You will also have strong technical Grinding AM knowledge and application as you will be implementing new infield technology and leading this process.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- Strong people management experience;
- Tertiary qualified Engineering degree or advanced diploma desirable;
- Relevant trades qualification or certification essential;
- Certificate in Workplace Assessment and Training or similar highly desirable;
- 15 years plus experience with significant fixed plant processing time across specifically Grinding and Milling;
- Expat experience desirable but not essential;
- Proficient in English with excellent verbal, written communication and public speaking skills;
- SAP and Computer proficiency in MS Office suite including MS Project - essential;
- Sound planning, analytical, and problem-solving;
- Self-motivated with the ability to work under pressure and autonomously;
- Excellent attention to detail and time management skills to meet deadlines;
- Strong active listening & interpersonal skills for rapport building, conflict resolution & training.
- Must be open to FIFO in PNG;
- Ability to successfully complete a pre-employment medical assessment;
- Must hold a valid police clearance within the last 12 months;
- Ideally has Expat Senior Shutdown Specialist Grinding experience in Gold Fixed Plant Maintenance;
- Exeptional Techncial Grinding Specialist Knowledge and People Management skills.
This position offers a competitive remuneration package and is an excellent opportunity for a professional to further their career with a world-class operation.
Please apply directly by submitting your resume, preferably as a Microsoft Word document.