Processing Plant Operational Superintendent Front End and Back End
Our client, Lihir Gold Limited operates one of the largest gold mines in Papua New Guinea 900kms north-east of Port Moresby on the tropical Niolam Island (Lihir Island). Committed to supporting a safe, diverse and inclusive work culture, Lihir's mission is to deliver superior returns from finding, developing and operating gold/copper mines whilst providing long term employment opportunities. Globe 24-7 has been selected as the recruitment partner to assist with the sourcing process for this position and look forward to applicants who meet the required skills, experience and qualifications.
We are seeking an Expatriate FIFO Processing Superintendent (also known as Plant or Operational Processing Superintendent) that has exceptional operational and technical experience across both the Back-End and Front-End of a conventional gold Carbon in leaching process and HPAL (ideal). The successful applicant will plan, lead and control the activities of the processing plant in order to maximise the short and long-term gold production while ensuring the safe conduct of personnel and operations. You will be an expert in Gold Milling and Flotation and highly desirable operational and technical exposure to Autoclave gold processing will be looked upon favourably. Senior Metallurgist's across Gold with Superintendent level experience in the above areas are encouraged to apply also.
Operational Disciplinary scope would include but not be limited to
- Training, coaching and demonstrating implementation of processing operational and technical systems to supervisors, ensuring they're holding their teams to account and are confident in their abilities to take ownership of their processing areas;
- Demonstrating exceptional people leadership ability, being approachable and patient and willing to go back to the basics if required to ensure results are delivered in a safe, timely and collaborative way;
Qualifications, technical competencies and required knowledge and experience includes but not limited to
- Tertiary qualified Bachelor in Metallurgical or Chemical Engineering essential with accreditation from the Institute of Engineers PNG Inc. to be completed as part of work permit process;
- A Metallurgical Engineer-Associate Diploma will suffice;
- Certificate in Workplace Assessment and Training or similar desirable;
- 10+ years relevant work experience essential in mineral processing, including at least 5 years in a senior supervisory capacity in large-scale hydrometallurgical processing complex;
- Experience with autoclaves and / or high-pressure acid leach (HPAL) plant desirable;
- Experience with Carbon in leach technologies;
- Understanding of Allen Bradley Process control systems (desirable);
- Takes personal responsibility to develop team members through constructive feedback, allocation of assignments / projects, coaching and formal training to build capability & competence;
- Works in accordance with PNG Mine Safety Act, Newcrest Safety System, Safety Policies and Procedures and Newcrest Environment policies and all departmental operating procedures.
- Previous experience working in a remote location in a developing country advantageous, but not essential;
- Proven ability to lead and mentor a large group of reports, while demonstrating effective personal behaviours;
- Develops & implements mid to long-term departmental plans, changes and initiatives to achieve overall business goals by providing positive leadership, direction & guidance within the department and wider organisation;
- Reviews departmental financial data & results to assess performance and identify opportunities for maximising results, reducing risk and implementing cost management initiatives;
- Continually seeks to understand key market drivers and emerging trends (e.g., economical, technology, competition, pricing, stakeholder needs, cultural, political and legal factors associated with the industry, sector, country & region).
- Must be open to FIFO in PNG;
- Ability to successfully complete a pre-employment extensive medical assessment;
- Able to produce a valid police clearance within the last 12 months;
- EOI/Cover Letter;
- Original Tickets / Qualification documentation
This position offers a competitive remuneration package and is an excellent opportunity for a professional to further their career with a world-class operation.