Expatriate Senior Specialist Health Safety Environment Security Mining
Our client, Lihir Gold Limited operates one of the largest gold mines in Papua New Guinea 900kms north-east of Port Moresby on the tropical Niolam Island (Lihir Island). Committed to supporting a safe, diverse and inclusive work culture, Lihir's mission is to deliver superior returns from finding, developing and operating gold/copper mines whilst providing long term employment opportunities. Globe 24-7 has been selected as the recruitment partner to assist with the sourcing process for this position and look forward to applicants who meet the required skills, experience and qualifications.
We are seeking a FIFO Expatriate Senior Specialist Health Safety, Environment & Security professional to provide Health, Safety, Environment and Security (HSE&S) technical and leadership coaching and mentoring to National HSE leaders towards meeting HSE legal obligations, internal Newcrest Standards and manage site HSE risk.
Additional role accountabilities include but are not limited to
- Driving and influencing proactive safety behaviours within workgroups through visible leadership;
- Ensures all personnel, visitors and contractors comply with site and contractual HSE requirements and hold people accountable for adherence;
- Plans work so that it can be conducted safely; and considers environmental conditions, nearby activities, and the people and other resources needed to complete the work;
Qualifications, technical competencies and required knowledge and experience includes but not limited to
- Degree in Environmental Management essential;
- Minimum of tertiary or advanced diploma in OHS or Safety Advanced Diploma in OHS or Safety Management Systems desirable;
- 15+ years relevant work experience specifically across HSE&S in mining;
- Previous experience working in a remote location in a developing country advantageous, but not essential;
- Previous expat HSE&S experience in mining favourable;
- Advance use of various company and departmental systems including SAP, Optimum ect;
- Work in accordance with PNG Mine Safety Act, Newcrest Safety System, Safety Policies and Procedures and Newcrest Environmental policies and all department operating procedures;
- Proficient in English with excellent verbal, written communication and public speaking skills.
- Computer proficiency in MS Office suite.
- Sound planning, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work under pressure and autonomously.
- Excellent attention to detail and time management skills to meet deadlines.
- Strong active listening & interpersonal skills for rapport building, conflict resolution & training.
- Must be open to FIFO in PNG;
- Ability to successfully complete a pre-employment medical assessment;
- Able to produce a valid police clearance within the last 12 months.
This position offers a competitive remuneration package and is an excellent opportunity for a professional to further their career with a world-class operation.
Please apply directly by submitting your resume, preferably as a Microsoft Word document.