Our client, Lihir Gold Limited is a publicly listed gold producer who operate one of the largest gold mines in Papua New Guinea. Committed to supporting a safe, diverse and inclusive work culture, Lihir's mission is to deliver superior returns from finding, developing and operating gold/copper mines. The operation 900kms North-East of Port Moresby, Niolam Island (Lihir Island) provides long term employment opportunities with its prospective open pit gold mine. Globe 24-7 has been selected as the recruitment partner to assist with the sourcing process for this position.
We are seeking an Electrical Supervisor for a position within PNG. Reporting to the Electrical Senior Specialist you will be responsible for the effective supervision of personnel engaged in electrical maintenance tasks to achieve consistently high standards of safety, availability and reliability of the power generation, power distribution and steam generation assets. You will be required to ensure optimum equipment availability and reliability in relation to electrical maintenance by taking ownership of equipment and actioning any electrical maintenance requirements in a timely manner.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- 5+ years relevant maintenance experience in within a similar environment.
- Minimum 3 years of supervisory experience.
- Sound knowledge of generation systems including AVR's and Governor Speed Controls.
- Trade qualified Electrician (PNG Power Licence), essential.
- PNG Driver's License.
- High voltage switching certificate, desirable.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills.
- SAP experience.
- Advanced report writing skills & experience.
- Previous high voltage electrical experience.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills, together with an aptitude to solve technical difficulties.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural team with a strong focus on safety.
- Good verbal, written communication and public speaking skills.
- Strong planning & organisational skills.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work autonomously from time to time.
- High attention to detail with good time management skills.
- Strong active listening & interpersonal skills.
- Must be a PNG National and open to work in the country
- Ability to successfully complete a pre-employment medical assessment
- Ability to provide/obtain a valid police clearance
This position gives you the opportunity to be a part of one of the world's largest and most technically challenging gold deposits across Australasia. Gain great exposure to new cutting-edge maintenance equipment and software systems enabling you to further develop your skills and experience. Enjoy a highly desirable 15:13 roster in a safe working environment. Lihir also offers a competitive remuneration package.
Please apply directly by submitting your resume, preferably as a Microsoft Word document.
Only successful applicants will be contacted.