Ambatovy Joint Venture operation in Madagascar, is recruiting a seasoned Plant Projects Superintendent who will be responsible for managing and delivering effective project execution support to the entire plant to ensure projects deliverables are met safely, on time and within budget.
Globe 24-7 in partnership with Ambatovy is working together to source experienced and qualified talent for their existing world class lateritic nickel processing facilities and mining operation in Madagascar. Ambatovy is committed to create lasting prosperity for all stakeholders and contribute significantly to sustainable development in Madagascar.
The Plant Projects Superintendent is responsible leading a team of Project Engineers and Supervisors to successfully accomplish the plant project deliverables as will be detailed in the Project Framework.
- Be aware of, understand and comply with the Ambatovy Health, Safety, Environment and Quality (HSEQ) Policies and associated documentation.
- Directing the integration of project activities throughout the lifecycle of the project to ensure the Engineering and procurement due diligence and deliverables are met in time for the field execution team to complete the construction activities on schedule.
- Ensures a thorough understanding of the client's needs through a close relationship with the Area Superintendents, managers or any other direct or indirect client to the Project.
- Manage expectations and ensure that clear and achievable timelines are provided to the subordinates and the clients.
- Manages relationships effectively, partnerships with outside service providers are managed productively yielding strong synergies and successful outcomes.
- Ensures a rigorous Management of Change Process is adhered to and that all changes are captured, approved and executed to Ambatovy standards.
- A Mechanical Engineering Degree is required.
- Minimum 10 years of project management experience in complex chemical, hydrometallurgical projects with a proven technical background in Engineering and execution.
- Management of change and risk assessment.
- Supervision of technical personnel, project controls, quality control, budgets and cost control, and administration.
- Experience in Brownfields projects in an operating plant is a major advantage.
- Training and developing subordinates to assume positions of greater responsibility in the organization.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a focus on Functional Cultural awareness.
- Language skills: English is essential. French is highly advantageous.
The position offers a competitive remuneration package. Lodgings are modern and secure.
Please apply directly by submitting your resume, preferably as a Microsoft Word document.