Reporting to the General Manager, the Senior HR Advisor will take a senior leadership role to guide, direct and manage the entire HR function of the organisation including:
- Managing end-to-end recruitment programs for various trades & staff roles
- Employee onboarding, induction and site-readiness programs including coordination of travel, IT communications, medicals etc.
- Implementing robust & safety-based HR policies & procedures in-line with company needs, state legislation & various awards
- Managing the employee performance & salary review process
- Developing employee attraction & retention initiatives that drive positive organisational culture
- Oversight of payroll, employee benefits schemes & contracts management
Additionally, this role will need to provide guidance to the Senior Management team on best-practice Human Resources to ensure the company stays progressive in its employee relations and day-to-day management.
- Previous experience working in senior Human Resources roles in smaller-size Mining Services or Manufacturing companies in Australia.
- Qualification (tertiary or certificate) in Human Resources or Management preferred but not essential
- Proven track record in implementing HR policies, procedures, structures and programs that add value to an organisation
- Strong HR management & problem solving skills coupled a strength of character and deep knowledge of employee relations matters and resolutions
- Demonstrated 'roll up your sleeves' approach working closely with management to develop a positive culture within the organisation.
- Ability to work autonomously in the absence of the General Manager from time to time
This role is a fantastic opportunity for a HR practitioner who is either looking for the next step in their career or for a more senior person who has many years of knowledge & experience who would like to make a difference in a small but growing organisation. Our client offers flexible working conditions and will consider various working arrangements for the right candidate and offers a very competitive salary package. The role is Perth-based with very occasional travel.
Please apply directly by submitting your resume, preferably as a Microsoft Word document or contact Lachlan Spicer on 08 9328 3100 to organise a confidential discussion.