We have an excellent opportunity for an experienced UG Mine Manager to join a multinational gold producer who has operations and development / exploration assets globally across five countries.
Our client is a well-established multinational Mid-Tier Mining Company. They have engaged Globe 24-7 to source an UG Mine Manager to manage, lead and develop all aspects of a large underground gold mining operation, the asset is the largest mine in country.
Reporting into the General Manager, this role encompasses strategic planning, infrastructure development, safe production, and minimising environmental and social impacts of the operation. The Underground Mine Manager is ultimately responsible for ensuring that mine development, capital projects and production targets are achieved safely and within the approved budget and to the company's high standards.
- Lead, plan and schedule mine activities to achieve Life of Mine Plans
- Implement business improvement practices, cost saving initiatives and develop relevant databases/ systems
- Accurate and timely information, reporting and analysis is communicated to achieve Mine Plan
- Proactive engagement with Mine Operations and Long-Term Planning.
- Complete accurate end of month reports to the General Manager including KPI versus forecast
- Actively participate in audits for regulatory, safety, and environmental compliance at the mine site.
- Budget preparations and cost management control activities reflect good business practices
- Ensure the underground budget is completed in an accurate and timely manner.
- Monitor and control all underground charges through interrogation of financial reports on a weekly and monthly basis to ensure unit cost targets are achieved.
- Contract Management is proactive and within budget.
- Compliance and quality control measures meet Company Policy and legislative requirements
- Interpret legislation, government standards and agreements.
- Ensure compliance with all statutory and company standards through training and development of staff
- Lead, coach and build high performing teams
- Provide leadership and coaching to establish a strong culture of continuous improvement.
- Safe performance of all work and associated functions
- Perform all work and associated functions safely (PPE/ Safety Meetings/ JSA)
- First-Class Mine Manager's Certificate of Competency (CoC), (or Australian equivalent)
- Hold or be willing to work towards a New Zealand Site Senior Executive Certificate of Competency (SSE)
- Degree in Mining Engineering - Compulsory
- Extensive Gold Mining background - Preferred
- Full, clean and current drivers licence, and confidence driving a manual vehicle.
- +7 years underground mining experience
- Postgraduate experience in underground mining within medium and large-scale mines, with a variety of mining methods (Truck & Shovel/ loader/ longhole open stoping), and with automation and mechanisation
- Demonstrated contract management and negotiation skills
- Proven experience at senior levels, including leading mine expansions or new project studies
This role will be provided with a competitive remuneration package commensurate with the seniority of the role working on a Residential basis, the company are also offering a competitive relocation package.
Please apply directly by submitting your resume, preferably as a Microsoft Word document