Ambatovy Joint Venture operation in Madagascar, is currently looking for an experienced Project Engineer to manage and direct project execution activities.
Globe 24-7 in partnership with Ambatovy is working together to source experienced and qualified talent for their existing world class lateritic nickel processing facilities and mining operation in Madagascar. Ambatovy is committed to create lasting prosperity for all stakeholders and contribute significantly to sustainable development in Madagascar.
The Project Engineer will have knowledge of the practical application of engineering and construction principles and technology in both brown and green fields projects.
- Be aware, understand, communicate and comply with the Ambatovy Health, Safety, Environment and Quality (HSEQ) Policies and associated documentation.
- Prepare detailed plans to accomplish goals and directing the integration of project activities throughout the lifecycle of the project.
- Ensure Project Engineering due diligence from the Project kick-off up and to completion and hand-over of all project construction activities assigned.
- Ability to apply principles, techniques, procedures, equipment and resources to the procurement, execution and closing of projects. Identify, report and monitor potential project delays and risk.
- Ensuring project bill of materials received are reviewed and ordered, scheduling management through the planners, various reports as required.
- Ensure build as per design including commissioning and project close out.
- Facilitate and participate in project review meetings and oversee the SMPP and E&I contractors.
- Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering Degree or Equivalent.
- 10 years demonstrated field and office experience in project execution.
- Expertise in the following:
- Financial & Budget project management.
- Construction and Civil projects.
- Ability to Read Engineering Plans and Diagrams, P& ID's.
- Fabrication knowledge / SMPP / Structural and E&I experience would be an advantage.
- Training and developing subordinates to assume positions of greater responsibility in the organization.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a focus on Functional Cultural awareness.
- Language skills: English is essential. French is highly advantageous.
- Proficient in MS Word, MS Excel, MS Office. MS Project and AutoCAD will be advantageous.
The position offers a competitive remuneration package. Lodgings are modern and secure.
Please apply directly by submitting your resume, preferably as a Microsoft Word document.