We have an excellent opportunity for an experienced Engineering Lead consultant to join a multinational mining company on one of the world's largest mineral mining operations.
Our client is a well-known Multi-National Mining Company, they have selected Globe 24-7 as a recruitment partner to successfully source the position and add value to the wider recruitment strategy with market knowledge, trends and a previous track record in conducting similar searches
Reporting into the Project Director, as the Engineering Lead consultant you would be responsible for managing engineering contractors for a Mineral Sands expansion project currently in FS phase. Ensuring contractors deliver their reports according to the defined scope, to a high standard, on time and within budget.
- Prepare the RFQ and contracts for the engineering contractors according to the scope defined with the project director
- Manage the tender process and assist the project director in the choice of the main contractors
- Through regular and formal meetings, manage the contractors in the course of the studies (deviations in schedule or budget, change in scope)
- Challenge results and assumptions from the various engineering consultants
- Control invoices and reports from the different engineering consultants
- Liaise with other project leads
- Deliver project through FS to completion
- Mechanical / Process Engineering Degree or Diploma
- +10 years of experience in project engineering
- Proven background working in a multi-cultural environment
- Ability and proven experience managing contractors
- Excellent communication skills at all levels
- Experience on full life cycle of project
- Requirement to visit West African Mine
This position offers a competitive remuneration package and is an excellent opportunity for a professional consultant to further their career with a world-class operation. This is a residential role based in Europe, visiting the operational mine regularly, relocation package included.
Please apply directly by submitting your resume, preferably as a Microsoft Word document.