We are offering an excellent opportunity for Argentinian professionals to further their career with a world class organization
The Company SSR Mining Inc. is a Canadian-based mining company focused on the operation, development, exploration and acquisition of precious metal projects. SSR Mining - Puna is developing the Chinchillas project located in Jujuy Province, Argentina as part of a joint venture arrangement with Golden Arrow Resources Corporation.
SSR Mining Inc. selected Globe 24-7 as recruitment partner to successfully source the position described below and add value to the wider recruitment strategy with market knowledge, trends and a previous track record in conducting similar searches.
An opportunity has become available for a Health, Safety & Security Manager for SSR Mine - Puna - Chinchillas Mine in Argentina. Reporting to the General Manager, Health, Safety & Security Manager will be responsible for leading the development, implementation, strategy and maintenance of health, safety and security management procedures and programs. Acts as a liaison with the rest of the senior management team, providing advice, guidance and expertise to ensure operations-wide health, safety & security.
- Develop and implement safe operating plans, including emergency response plans.
- Provide oversight of, adherence to, and documentation of operations safety and security standards as well as contractor controls, to ensure compliance with HSS requirements.
- Develop and implement loss control programs, evaluating conditions and determining corrective actions.
- Analyse potential safety risks (including equipment) and implement measures to mitigate them.
- Conduct investigations of incidents and injuries, using analytical techniques and find root causes, and recommend courses of action.
- Provide advice and consultation to staff and line departments,
- Prepare and monitor department budget.
- Provide guidance to HSS Superintendent and Project H&S Lead at the operations.
- Developing, deliver and oversee safety training programs and meetings.
- Facilitate required government safety inspections.
- University degree in engineering with post-graduation in industrial, safety or mining safety
- 10 years of H&S experience with a minimum 5 years' experience in mining or highly complex activities
- Must have a well-established work history of safe work performance
- Previous implementation of effective HSS strategies and management systems
- Experience with Latin American culture, fluent in Spanish and with strong English level
- Ability to build trust and develop great working relationships with site personnel and regulatory agencies
- Effective communication, analytical and presentation skills
- Competent in Microsoft Office software
- Knowledge of federal, state and local laws/regulations
- Experience impacting and influencing employee motivation
- Proven ability to express creative and innovative ideas
- Strong organizational skills with results focus
- Active participation with other industry safety professionals preferred
The position offers a competitive remuneration package.
Please apply directly by submitting your resume, preferably as a Microsoft Word document