Ambatovy Nickel Cobalt operations in Madagascar, is currently searching for an experienced Financial Controller to ensure timely and accurate reporting of financial information to various users through maintaining appropriate controls over accounting process, providing relevant analysis, as well as dealing with external auditors.
Globe 24-7 in partnership with Ambatovy is working together to source experienced and qualified talent for their existing world class lateritic nickel processing facilities and mining operation in Madagascar. Ambatovy is committed to create lasting prosperity for all stakeholders and contribute significantly to sustainable development in Madagascar.
The Financial Controller will:
- Provide management with timely and accurate financial information to make business decisions monthly.
- Provide sponsors and lenders with informative and accurate financial reports which comply will all regulations in all jurisdictions monthly
- Ensure that appropriate systems and procedures exist for the accurate and efficient processing, collection and reporting of financial information
- Develop and implement new processes where required.
- Maintain effective control policies for the safeguarding of cash and other assets and for appropriate allocation of corporate financial resources.
- Support the initiatives of the CFO in the areas of Financial Planning & Analysis, Treasury, Compliance, and Tax.
- Qualified CPA / Chartered Accountant or equivalent.
- Minimum 10 years' progressive experience in Controllership with large multi-divisional companies.
- Thorough mastery of financial management and cost accounting techniques, including International Accounting Standards.
- Extensive knowledge of IFRS handbook, and the ability to interpret and apply these guidelines.
- Extensive knowledge of internal financial controls (J-SOX) and the ability to apply these controls to varied business processes. Understands the broad direction of the Accounting function including staffing, directing and planning their activities.
- Extensive knowledge of internal financial controls and the ability to apply these controls to varied business processes.
- Good communication skills with people at all levels in the organization.
- Billingual English and French.
The position offers a competitive remuneration package and is available on a Residential Contract for 24 months. Lodgings are modern and secure.
Please apply directly by submitting your resume, preferably as a Microsoft Word document