Globe 24-7 is an HR consulting firm dedicated to the extractive and energy industries with 15 years experience sourcing qualified talent for well-known companies across the globe. We have been engaged by a well-known mining company in South Australia to source a CPA/CA qualified Financial Controller for their Adelaide office.
Reporting to the CFO, the Financial Controller will be responsible for managing the company's accounting and financial reporting, budgeting & planning processes plus adding value to the Executive team strategically concerning finance-related planning, projects and initiatives for the operation and parent company.
- Manage company-wide financial reporting, budgets, plans and forecasts
- Manage the controls, systems, processes and improvement initiatives audits, capital expenditure and fixed assets
- Manage a team of internal and external Accountants & AP/AR
- Be accountable for US reporting requirements
- Manage month-end and group consolidation of P&L, balance sheet etc
- Ensure cash flow, currency operational needs and GST, BAS lodgement requirements are met
- General ledger preparation and reconciliation, statutory reporting, external audit and financial compliance requirements
- Assist Senior Management with input and advice to strategic planning, meetings, projects and initiatives as it relates to finance and accounting
- Manage taxation requirements, insurance, foreign currency risk and hedging practices
- Review, recommend and improve the use and practice of the company's financial system
- Bachelor's degree in commerce, business, finance or other relevant degree with CPA / CA membership
- Minimum 12 years financial accounting experience with ~5 years as Financial Controller
- Significant experience in application of ERP systems including experience in system reviews, upgrades, improvement & change management programs
- Working knowledge of TechnologyOne financial accounting system (desirable)
- Proven experience with communicating, motivating, training and leading a team of professionals
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills specifically Excel
This position is a city-based position in Adelaide that offers a competitive remuneration package with some travel required from time to time. This role has the opportunity to participate in a broad range of work that encompasses both local and international accounting with career progression possibilities in the future. They also are open to provide a suitable relocation package to Adelaide for the right candidate from within Australia.
If you are looking to develop your career with a company seeking motivated, energetic and contemporary people, lets talk!
Please apply directly by submitting your resume, preferably as a Microsoft Word document.