Ambatovy Nickel Cobalt operations in Madagascar is currently searching for a Manager, Mine Technical Services to lead the mine technical sections of engineering (planning), geology and survey.
Globe 24-7 in partnership with Ambatovy is working together to source experienced and qualified talent for their existing world class lateritic nickel processing facilities and mining operation in Madagascar. Ambatovy is committed to create lasting prosperity for all stakeholders and contribute significantly to sustainable development in Madagascar.
The Manager, Mine Technical Services will lead, introduce, establish and maintain systems and procedures to 'manage work', from planning, execution, learning and improvements - not only through the Technical Services section, but across the Mine Department.
- Pro-actively drive the application of best applicable practice in mine planning, technology and operations support.
- Establish and maintain robust relationships with Mine and Process Operations to support timely and accurate grade control definition and reasonable planning scenarios.
- Establish and improve reconciliation processes for metal, water and mass balances.
- Support environmental stewardship and projects through best applicable processes.
- Promote skills development and seek opportunities for the TS section staff.
- Establish area, team and individual skills development plans to meet existing and future business objectives.
- Lead the first principles approach to activity based budget planning and management.
- Facilitate regular workshops to identify capital investment needs and assist in their definition.
- University degree in Mine or Geology Engineering.
- A minimum of 15 years of experience, including a significant portion in open pit operations.
- Demonstrated success in managing mine technical services on a foreign remote site in a developing country.
- Demonstrated success in managing mixed cultural teams of varying education levels.
- Advanced knowledge of Surpac software, particularly mine planning, geology block modeling and survey modules and knowledge of industry best practice mine scheduling software.
- Significant exposure to mutli-element high-variability resources.
- Relevant experience in large first world integrated mining / processing businesses.
- Must have experience in the operation and/or project supervision.
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills.
- Billingual English and French language skills.
The position offers a competitive remuneration package and is available on a residential or 7/3 weeks rotational status. Lodgings are modern and secure.
Please apply directly by submitting your resume, preferably as a Microsoft Word document.