If you see yourself as an entrepreneur, want to get this experience working in an international company and if you have experience with business development in the mining industry, this is a good job opportunity for you.
Our client is an international trading company based in the UAE growing rapidly and ramping sales and staff internationally, dealing with minerals, metals, ferroalloys, and virgin metals among others. They are interested to recruit an experienced person for the position of Country Manager - Brazil to look after the business development in the country and logistics.
This role will be responsible for leading the company growth in Brazil. The Brazilian Country Manager will oversee logistics, develop new business and ensure the profitability of new projects in the mining sector. Will be responsible for managing overall operations, sourcing, marketing, recruiting staff, generates forecast and budgeting establishing a go to market plan and execute that plan.
- Support to establish the legal entity of the company in Brazil
- Establish an office of the company in Brazil hiring staff gradually on need basis and manage sales
- Oversee logistics, develop new business and ensure the profitability of the company in Brazil
- Develop plans and strategies for developing business and achieving the company's sales goals
- Create a culture of success and goal achievement
- Lead sales and ensure regional profitability per corporate objectives
- Manage the budget providing detailed and accurate sales forecasting
- Monitor customer, market and competitor activity and provide feedback to company leadership team and other company functions
- Identify new prospective mines for Iron Ore, Manganese Ore and Chrome Ore
- Perform due diligence, techno-commercial discussions and ascertaining the profitability of the projects from an investment point of view
- Identify new vendors for above minerals and negotiating terms and conditions and sourcing from them.
- Coordinate inland and sea logistics for all existing and new business
- Travel for in-person meetings with customers and partners developing key relationships
- Ensure all legal, tax and accounting compliances as per local laws.
- Bachelor's Degree preferable with a technical background
- MBA is an asset
- Excellent English and Portuguese communication skills
- Minimum of 10 years of Mining & Metals Brazilian market knowledge
- Strong business development, negotiating and purchase deals of metals and mines experience
- Successful experience building a go-to-market strategy and sales plan
- Successful experience hiring and on-boarding
- Successful experience building and managing an assigned region
- Proven experience working within a small and rapidly growing company in a fast-paced environment
- Target oriented
- Travel Requirements: up to 70% of the time
The position offers a competitive remuneration package.
Please apply directly by submitting your resume in English, preferably as a Microsoft Word document