Globe 24-7, in partnership with an important Canadian gold mine, is looking for an experienced Site Controller for one of their underground operating mines in Kirkland Lake, Ontario
The company is middle size mine gold producer located in northern Ontario and is committed to delivering low-cost production, advancing its exploration and development pipeline, and maintaining a large resource and reserve base of quality assets to foster future production growth.
We have a vacancy in the Finance Department for the position of a Site Controller. This position will manage a team to ensure the efficiency and fulfillment of the duties of the accounting department.
- Oversee the operations of the accounting department, accounts payable and internal controls consistent with SOX
- Issue timely and complete financial reports
- Manage the annual site budget process
Provide financial analysis as needed
- Authorize, Create, change and delete user accounts
- Advise and share information with peers and management
- Coach finance team to be high performing and high functioning
Encourage business partner relationships for financial department advice related to budget and expenditure
- Perform other duties as assigned
- 5-7 years experience in a similar role
- Highly developed Microsoft Office Skills (esp Excel)
- SAP and SQL database systems knowledge
- Strong communications skills
- Analytical skills
- Able to work efficiently as a part of a team as well as independently
- Ability to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to prioritize and schedule
- Capacity to coach, counsel and advise
- CPA Qualification preferred
- Heavy industrial or mining exposure and experience preferred
- Willingness to relocate to Kirkland Lake or Timmins, ON
The position offers a competitive remuneration package and will be discussed discretely with suitable candidates.
Please apply directly by submitting your resume, preferably as a Microsoft Word document.