We are seeking a Kitting and Staging Specialist for a position within PNG.
Our client, Lihir Gold Limited operates one of the largest gold mines in Papua New Guinea 900kms north-east of Port Moresby on the tropical Niolam Island (Lihir Island). Committed to supporting a safe, diverse and inclusive work culture, Lihir's mission is to deliver superior returns from finding, developing and operating gold/copper mines whilst providing long term employment opportunities. Globe 24-7 has been selected as the recruitment partner to assist with the sourcing process for this position and look forward to applicants who meet the required skills, experience and qualifications.
Reporting to the Senior Shutdown Specialist you will be required to provide technical direction and expertise to the processing plant's operational and maintenance teams to carry out kitting and staging maintenance activities, including but not limited to, inventory, materials control, shutdown coordination & logistics coordination within the autoclaves department.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- 5+ years relevant work experience essential in heavy industrial and/or Autoclaves.
- Experience in kitting and staging activities including planning and executing major shutdowns.
- Proficient in English with excellent verbal, written communication and public speaking skills.
- Computer proficiency in MS Office suite.
- Sound planning, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work under pressure and autonomously.
- Excellent attention to detail and time management skills to meet deadlines.
- Strong active listening & interpersonal skills for rapport building, conflict resolution & training.
- Forklift license, essential
- SAP experience, essential
- CMMS (Computerised Maintenance Management System) experience, essential
- Relevant Mechanical trades qualification or certification, essential.
- PNG Drivers Licence, essential.
- Light Truck Licence, desirable.
- Certificate in Workplace Assessment and Training or similar desirable
- Must be a PNG National and open to work in the country
- Ability to successfully complete a pre-employment medical assessment & police clearance.
This position gives you the opportunity to be a part of one of the world's largest and most technically challenging gold deposits across Australasia. Gain great exposure to new cutting-edge maintenance equipment and software systems enabling you to further develop your skills and experience. Enjoy a highly desirable 15:13 roster in a safe working environment. Newcrest also offers a competitive remuneration package.
Please apply directly by submitting your resume, preferably as a Microsoft Word document.
Only successful applicants will be contacted.