We are seeking an Instrumentation Supervisor for a position within PNG.
Our client, Lihir Gold Limited operates one of the largest gold mines in Papua New Guinea 900kms north-east of Port Moresby on the tropical Niolam Island (Lihir Island). Committed to supporting a safe, diverse and inclusive work culture, Lihir's mission is to deliver superior returns from finding, developing and operating gold/copper mines whilst providing long term employment opportunities. Globe 24-7 has been selected as the recruitment partner to assist with the sourcing process for this position and look forward to applicants who meet the required skills, experience and qualifications.
Reporting to the Electrical and Instrumental Superintendent you will be required to provide supervision to the daily maintenance activities of the Instrumentation and Controls team to ensure optimum plant equipment availability and reliability is achieved in a safe & timely manner.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- 5+ years' experience in mineral processing environments including large-scale fixed assets.
- Demonstrated supervisory skills to coordinate staff in a technically challenging and remote work environment.
- Proficient in English with excellent verbal, written communication and public speaking skills.
- Computer proficiency in MS Office suite.
- Sound planning, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work under pressure and autonomously.
- Excellent attention to detail and time management skills to meet deadlines.
- Strong active listening & interpersonal skills for rapport building, conflict resolution & training.
- Must be a PNG National and open to work in the country
- Ability to successfully complete a pre-employment medical assessment
This position offers a competitive remuneration package and is an excellent opportunity for a professional to further their career with a world-class operation.
Please apply directly by submitting your resume, preferably as a Microsoft Word document.