We are currently looking for a Project Manager responsible for oversees the construction of a new lithium facility, will be involved in the different stages of this project. This is a local search in Argentina.
Galaxy Resources Limited is an international S&P / ASX 200 Index company with lithium production facilities, hard rock mines and brine assets in Australia, Canada and Argentina. Globe 24-7 has been selected to source the afore mentioned position because of our expertise and market knowledge.
This is an opportunity for a senior professional with an advanced command of Spanish and English and more than 15 years of professional experience in project management for the mining industry. Responsible for managing and execution of Galaxy's Sal de Vida project, this will include assembling and leading the Company's project team, leading the study, design and engineering stages; managing the tender and selection process; and the construction and commissioning of the project.
- Manage project planning, design and delivery processes to meet project objectives and expectations while complying with Company requirements.
- Create and promote a high-performance study and project environment to meet business and project objectives.
- Provide leadership and guidance with key project functional leaders in areas of e.g. engineering, project controls, risk management, construction management, procurement and logistics.
- Lead the Consultant(s) and Contractor(s) in maintaining effective working relations at all levels.
- Ensure the adoption of formal and structured contract management systems are in place and adhered to the company's policies.
- Lead project contract negotiations.
- Ensure development of - scope of works, risks model, estimate, budgets, schedules, development & constructability considerations, quality control/assurance and progress reporting.
- Identify risks and ensure engineering and construction impacts are minimized.
- Implement and ensure adherence to formal project management protocols, including efficient and timely delivery of project milestones, sound upward project reporting and appropriate budget management.
- Manage the preparation and management of all project plans and budgets to remain within established goals.
- Oversee initiatives and actions to assure schedules, quality and budget conformance for the project.
- Ensure engineering, construction and commissioning are appropriately managed to identify queries and defects for effective resolution.
- Authorize duly approved and delegated Company commitments for the project.
- Develop and build strong relationships with local, provincial, and federal agencies and local peoples and communities.
- Communicate as coordinated and required with external stakeholders at local, provincial and federal levels.
- Ensures a project work environment that recruits, retains and supports quality employees.
- Provide guidance and mentorship to key functional leaders on the Company's project team.
- Maintain a safe and clean working environment by complying with company policies, procedures, and all legislative requirements.
- Undertaking all duties with high regard to Company safety standards, compliance with statutory requirements and the need to contribute to the improvement of safety performance.
- Carry out all activities in compliance with company HSE policies and procedures and relevant regulations. Report all personal injuries, incidents, near misses and hazards and assist in investigations, when required.
- Promote and facilitate compliance of the relevant contract personnel with company HSE policy and procedures
- Facilitate and promote company's compliance with environmental policy, procedures, statutory requirements and regulations, particularly in the areas relevant to the duties of the position.
- Follow emergency procedures.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering.
- Bilingual (Spanish - English).
- Desirable Qualifications in Project Management (e.g. PMP).
- 15 + years of sound previous experience developing leading and participating in project management and execution teams in the natural resources industry.
- Project management and leadership with broad business responsibilities, ideally with international experience combining Western and Latin American business approaches.
- Strong technical knowledge and experience in project management.
- Significant experience in processing operations in resources sector development.
- High standard of interpersonal skills to engage, influence and build solid working relationships both internally and externally.
- Communicate effectively and relay information in a timely manner.
- Experience in managing staff and labor force in multi-cultural and multi-functional teams.
- Demonstrated leadership, management and mentoring experience.
- Excellent organizational, time management and delegation skills.
- Sound experience with Project Management software.
The Company will provide an attractive remuneration package. Candidates must be willing to relocate to Catamarca.
To apply for this position, please send a copy of your CV preferably in Word format.