Senior Heavy Equipment Mechanic - Drills
Ambatovy Joint Venture operation in Madagascar, is recruiting an experienced Senior Heavy Equipment Mechanic - Drills to ensure the maintenance and servicing of heavy equipment (specialization in Drills) is carried out effectively.
Globe 24-7 in partnership with Ambatovy is working together to source experienced and qualified talent for their existing world class lateritic nickel processing facilities and mining operation in Madagascar. Ambatovy is committed to create lasting prosperity for all stakeholders and contribute significantly to sustainable development in Madagascar.
The Senior Heavy Equipment Mechanic will be responsible for the maintenance of all drilling equipment.
- Accountable and responsible for spare parts, working closely with planners recommending spare parts.
- Execute maintenance work while respecting statutory requirements, local laws and regulations and OEM and Ambatovy equipment safety requirements.
- Promote preventive maintenance by motivating personnel to plan and prepare effective work plans and schedules in conjunction with the planning resources.
- Oversee and improve the quality of workmanship for Ambatovy Employees and Contractor works.
- Assist as required the formal maintenance trades training program.
- Technical Diploma in Heavy Equipment Mechanical Maintenance or similar from recognized Training Institution.
- Minimum of 15 years' experience with 5-8 years' experience solely on drills. Hydraulics experience an added advantage.
- Certification from recognized OEM or Dealers in equipment maintenance/repairs.
- Advanced knowledge of:
- Maintenance of drill equipment
- Component change outs
- Fault finding
- CAT equipment
- Sandvik drills experience highly advantageous.
- A working proficiency of Microsoft Office suite.
- Training and developing subordinates to assume positions of greater responsibility in the organization.
- Ability to communicate effectively in French and working knowledge of written and spoken English.
The position offers a competitive remuneration package. Lodgings are modern and secure.
Please apply directly by submitting your resume, preferably as a Microsoft Word document.