Our client, Lihir Gold Limited operates one of the largest gold mines in Papua New Guinea 900kms north-east of Port Moresby on the tropical Niolam Island (Lihir Island). Committed to supporting a safe, diverse and inclusive work culture, Lihir's mission is to deliver superior returns from finding, developing and operating gold/copper mines whilst providing long term employment opportunities. Globe 24-7 has been selected as the recruitment partner to assist with the sourcing process for this position and look forward to applicants who meet the required skills, experience and qualifications.
We are seeking a PNG National Technical Specialist Autoclave, Mechanical Maintenance within Fixed Plant Gold processing.
Reporting to the Senior Maintenance Specialist you will be required to monitor and troubleshoot at a technical level the operational and mechanical maintenance activities in regards to Oxidization/Autoclave/Pumping areas and provide technical direction to the supervisors, planners and the maintenance teams. You will safely oversee the technical specialist responsibilities in this area to achieve cost savings, continuous improvement and role reductions. You would be carrying out general technical maintenance activities including assisting with the planning and executing of major Autoclave shutdowns.
Please note: It is essential you hold significant Technical Specialist experience within Autoclave Asset Maintenance area.
- Relevant Mechanical Engineering trades qualification or trade certification essential.
- Must be a PNG National and open to work in the country
- Ability to successfully complete a pre-employment medical assessment
- Working at heights certificate desirable.
- Confined space entry certificate desirable.
- Overhead travelling crane operation certificate desirable.
- Rigging or dogging certificated desirable.
- PNG National Drivers License essential.
- Certificate in Workplace Assessment and Training or similar desirable
Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- 7+ years relevant work experience essential including 3 years as a specialist;
- Significant direct autoclave technical specialist experience in fixed plant processing.
- Ability to technically troubleshoot and explain and demonstrate the rebuilding of gearboxes and pumps;
- Demonstrated ability to technically understand blueprints and drawings for the Autoclave AM area;
- Experience with hydraulics and pneumatics;
- Familiar with ERP systems including SAP - essential;
- Shutdown experience in fixed plant gold processing;
- A good understanding of factors influencing standard maintenance business practice KPIs;
- Proficient in English with excellent verbal, written communication and public speaking skills.
- Computer proficiency in MS Office suite.
- Sound planning, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work under pressure and autonomously.
- Excellent attention to detail and time management skills to meet deadlines.
- Strong active listening & interpersonal skills for rapport building, conflict resolution & training.
This position gives you the opportunity to be a part of one of the world's largest and most technically challenging gold deposits across Australasia. Gain great exposure to new cutting-edge maintenance equipment and software systems enabling you to further develop your skills and experience. Enjoy a highly desirable 15:13 roster in a safe working environment. Newcrest also offers a competitive remuneration package.
Please apply directly by submitting your resume, preferably as a Microsoft Word document.